This following video demonstrates some common tasks that can be accomplished with File Manager, including uploading, renaming and deleting files.
cPanel's File Manager may look slightly different depending on which version of cPanel your server is running, however, the functionality described in the video is the same.
How to Upload a File Using File Manager
To upload a file through cPanel's File Manager, please do the following:
- Login to cPanel.
- Under Files, click File Manager.
- Select Web Root and Show Hidden Files, then click Go.
- Click to open the folder to which you'd like to upload files.
- Click Upload from the top toolbar.
- Click Browse (some web browsers will have Choose File instead).
- Select the file on your computer that you wish to upload.
- Once the file has been selected, it will automatically upload. You may select additional files while uploads are in progress.
After uploading files to your account, you may wish to share them over the internet.
- 0 Users Found This Useful
The public_ftp folder is used for storing files which are available with anonymous FTP. You...
When you have a backup file, you will need to know what type of backup it is so you can know what...
If you delete the www folder, your site should still load properly. If you delete the...
The .htaccess file is a special Apache file that adjusts the way your website behaves. You can...
Updating the document root folder for a domain name changes the actual location a site's files...