You can password protect directories (folders) via cPanel, protecting all the files within the password protected folders.
To password protect a directory:
- Log into your cPanel and click on the Password Protect Directories icon found under Security.
- Choose Web Root (you may also need to select Show Hidden Files)
- Click on the name of the directory that you wish to password protect.
- Check the box for Password protect this directory.
- Fill in Name the protected directory field. This will be the message shown to visitors when they try to login and can be anything you like.
- Click on the Save button below.
- Click Go Back.
- Fill in a Username and Password at the bottom of the page, and click Add/modify authorized user.
To ensure your directory has been password protected, launch your browser and view the directory. If the browser prompts you to login, then your folder has been password protected.
- 0 Users Found This Useful
Anonymous FTP is disabled by default for the security of your account. We do not recommend...
All of our accounts are able to create and keep a full backup of their hosting package. This is...
When you have a backup file, you will need to know what type of backup it is so you can know what...
The public_htmlfolder is the web root for your primary domain name. This means that public_html...
An anonymous FTP message is displayed when an anonymous FTP user connects to an FTP account. This...