The DNS Tool in cPanel allows users to check the DNS for a domain to view potential problems and diagnose any existing DNS issues. To check a domain with the DNS Tool:
- Log into cPanel.
- In the Domains section, click on the DNS Tool icon.
- Select the domain you want to check from the drop-down menu.
- Click Check Domain.
DNS Check Results
The DNS check results will display the following information for a given domain:
- Is the domain registered?
- Is the domain expired?
- Is the domain propagated?
- Do the name servers have IP records?
- Is the domain local?
- Do the name servers have glue records?
- Do the records match up?
- Do you have an MX record?
- Is the website pointed to this server?
In addition, the results are color coded to help point out the status of each item, showing what areas are fine, what may require attention and what needs to be fixed in order for the domain to function properly.
If the DNS Tool identifies a problem with a domain's DNS, click the Help me fix this button for instructions on how to correct the issue.
- 0 Users Found This Useful
An addon domain is a fully functional domain that can be created from within your control...
It is not always necessary to register a new domain name when the one you already own will work...
Alias domains are often used by businesses that want to have more than one web address for...
Help! I added an addon domain, but cPanel said a subdomain has been created. Please ignore...
You can park a domain on an addon domain in cPanel by completing the following steps: Log...