1. Obtain a WHMCS License
VPS customers can obtain a WHMCS license from joudiSoft for $5 per month. The license can be requested here.
2. Download WHMCS
Once you've requested your license from WHMCS, you may download the program by logging into your WHMCS client area at www.whmcs.com/members and following these steps:
- Click on the My Licenses & Services link.
- Select one of your active license keys to view its details.
- Choose the latest stable version to download from the downloads listed at the bottom of the page.
3. Install WHMCS
The following instructions will guide you through manually installing WHMCS
Step 1: Create The DatabaseYou will need to login to your cPanel and create a database and database userin MySQL Database.
Step 2: Manual Setup
- After downloading the WHMCS installation files, You will need to unzip them to be uploaded to the server.
- Once you have unzipped WHMCS it will then need to be uploaded. This can be done via FTP or through your cPanel File Manager interface.
- You will need to rename the file configuration.php.new to configuration.php
- Next, you can rename the folder whatever you like (billing, clients, etc.)
Step 3: Run the Installation Script
- Visit the installation script at http://www.example.com/whmcs/install/install.php to run the installation process (replace example.com with your actual domain name, and replace "whmcs" with the directory you placed WHMCS in).
- After reading the WHMCS End User License Agreement, click I Agree to continue.
- The initial setup will perform some checks to ensure you meet the system requirements and permission requirements.
- Click Continue if everything checks out.
- Enter your License Key you received from WHMCS and the database you previously created, then click Continue.
- Enter the details in the form for the administrator account so that you can access and setup your WHMCS installation, then click Complete Setup.
Step 4: Finishing Up InstallationYou can complete the installation process by performing the following:
- In the installation path, delete the install directory.
- (Optional) For additional security, you can move the attachments, downloads, and templates_cdirectories outside of any publicly accessible directories.
- You can follow the walkthrough provided WHMCS to move the directories.
- Setup your Cron to ensure WHMCS is performing its required scheduled tasks once a day.
0 0 * * * php -q /home/username/public_html/whmcstest/admin/cron.php
- 0 Users Found This Useful
How to Change the Default Currency: Note: If invoices already exist in your system in this...
WHMCS Guide Overview Get a Free License How to Install Creating your Automated...
WHMCS Guide Overview Free License Install WHMCS "WHMCS is an all-in-one...
WHMCS Guide Overview Free License Install WHMCS Guide to Web Host Manager...
WHMCS Guide Overview Get a Free License How to Install You may want to use...