- In WHM on the destination server navigate to Home >> Transfers >> Transfer Tool.
- Once there, you will need to fill out the Remote Server Address and SSH port if the source server has a custom SSH port.
- Next, choose whether to authenticate via root or a user account.
- Select Authentication Method (We want to do Password Authentication).
- Click the Show button next to Advanced, and unselect Compressed Transfers. Leaving this box checked will increase the time required to complete the transfer and may cause it to fail with large accounts.
Compressed transfers are also likely to fail due to the backup failing to compress properly.
- Click the Fetch Account List button at the bottom.
- The following page will give a warning about the source server running a different cPanel version then the destination.
That can be ignored because CentOS 5 is stuck on cPanel 11.56.
- Click the Show button next to Service Configurations then select the check box next to Backups so that the backup configuration is transferred to the new server. We don't want to transfer over the other configurations due to the version differences between Cent5/6 servers.
- Check the top box to select all the packages/feature lists on the source server to ensure they are transferred over.
- Check the top box under accounts to select all accounts on the source server to transfer over, unless only specific users are to be moved over then click the Copy button.
- For smaller transfers, you can just keep an eye on the page and then review any warnings/errors about the transfer at the bottom. You do not need to stay on this page for the transfer to continue.
The transfer log can be viewed at any time by going to Review Transfers and Restores in WHM and clicking the Review link next to the transfer session ID that was started to review the progress.
Transfer from Plesk
- 0 Users Found This Useful
This feature in WHM will allow a reseller to send a message which will appear on all...
Some themes or styles do not include an option built in for either reverting to a previous...
joudiSoft offers the HG Firewall plugin for managing firewall settings from WHM. HG Firewall...
The feature manager allows you to disable/enable icons inside of each client's cPanel....
In WHM, you can choose which themes are available to your clients. To manage available...