A username is a vital piece of your hosting account. Despite the name, whether or not it can be changed depends on the type of hosting plan you have. Please refer to your hosting type below to understand how your username can or cannot be changed.
- Your active websites may stop functioning if any configuration files they depend on are not updated appropriately. It is recommended to wait for a low-traffic time of day before proceeding with this change to mitigate the impact of any downtime.
- You should always create a full backup of the account prior to making any changes.
- Double check your existing MySQL database names, and recheck them after the change to ensure none are missing.
- Any files that use the username, MySQL database or database username will need to be updated.
- Examples: Wordpress, Joomla, absolute URL's (/home/$username/public_html), etc.
Unfortunately, you may not change the user name associated with your control panel. Once it is set, there are vital components using that name. Some of those settings are used by your web site, and are not controlled by joudiSoft.
Reseller and SEO
You may change the user names for any accounts you create by going to WHM and clicking the Modify Account link (read more in the related article). However, you cannot change the user name you picked during sign up.
Please note: For further assistance with your SEO Hosting account, you will need to contact them directly.
Visit the SEO Hosting website for contact information.
joudiSoft staff no longer has access to SEO Hosting accounts and all future support requests should be sent to the new SEO Hosting Support Team.
VPS and Dedicated
You may change the user names for any accounts you create by going to WHM and clicking the Modify Account link (read more in the related article). However, you cannot change the user name provided by joudiSoft; Linux is always root, and Windows is always admin.
There Must Be a Way to Change My Signup Username
The only solution joudiSoft can offer is to terminate the hosting account, and then recreate it with the desired user name.
- 0 Users Found This Useful
The main username and password are the same for cPanel login, FTP login, and MySQL database...
There may be times where you would like to change the password of your account. It is recommended...
Changing your cPanel style does not affect the functionality of cPanel. It only affects the look...