An EPP code is an authorization key provided by your old registrar and required by your new registrar to complete a registration transfer for a domain name. You must contact the old registrar to obtain this.
If joudiSoft is your registrar, you can get your EPP code by completing the following steps. The directions are slightly different depending on when and how they were registered.
Before You Request Your EPP CodeAll domain management is coordinated by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), and specific rules are in place for transferring domains between registrars. These are viewable at ICAAN's site (this external link will open in a new tab):
Per Section 2.1.3 in the document above, authorization can only be given by the Administrative Contact (termed by ICANN the "Transfer Contact") and requires:
Please make sure your WHOIS information is correct and publicly available in order for your request to succeed.
This article describes how to review and correct your WHOIS information:
Domains Attached to a joudiSoft Billing Account
If your domain is attached to a joudiSoft billing account, then you can manage your domain through our website, including obtaining the EPP code.
Requesting Your EPP Code
- Log into your joudiSoft Account.
- Click the Domains tab at the top of the page.
- Click on the name of the domain you wish to retrieve the EPP Key for.
- From the left hand side, select Domain Locking.
- Toggle locking to Locking OFF, the click Save Domain Locking.
- Click the Request Your EPP Key button that should now be visible.
- Your EPP code will now be visible to copy.
If your domain does not appear in the Domains tab of your billing account please try the instructions below:
- Log in to your domain management page at:
- Once you're logged in, click Manage Domains.
- You will see a list of domains that you have registered through joudiSoft. Click the one for which you would like the EPP code.
- Under Overview, you will see EPP code in the list of details for your domain name. This will be the EPP code you want.
Domains With No Billing Account
If your domain is not attached to a JoudisSoft billing account, you can request that we attach the domain to your web hosting billing account, or create a new billing account for the domain. Just contact our Billing department via and we'll be happy to help.
- 0 Users Found This Useful
What Do I Get For Free? We will provide one (1) free domain transfer per billing account...
Registering a Domain Transferring a Domain We will be happy to help transfer any...
Overview Register Renew Transfer WHOIS Manage Domain names can be purchased...
Although it is not required, it is a good idea to update the name servers to the joudiSoft...
An IPS tag, otherwise known as an Internet Provider Security tag, is a label that...